Launching Preview

Jim Hurley jhurley0305 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 20 12:33:58 EST 2013

I am trying to launch a snapshot of a group in Preview.

Right now I am using:

case "Print"
         put specialFolderPath("desktop") & "/exported.png" into theFilePath
         export snapshot from theGroup to file theFilePath as PNG
          launch document theFilePath --On the Mac, the default launch for a PNG is Preview
         break
end switch

I'm not sure where I got this--someone in this group, no doubt. Thank you, whoever you were.

But I may be using this at a local school, using school computers.
So I was wondering whether it would be possible to do this without creating a file on  the school's disk. For example:

case "Print"
         export snapshot from theGroup to tempVariable as PNG
          launch ??? tempVariable
         break
end switch

Thanks,