Is there a reasonable way to use numbers smaller than about 10^-6

Earthednet-wp prothero at earthednet.org
Wed Nov 20 12:05:05 EST 2013

FYI,
You may have heard a lot about dwarf planets recently. This new category of celestial bodies was the result of a debate caused by the discovery of Eris. Sedna, discovered in 2003 and also known as 2003 VB12, is most likely a dwarf planet. One reason why astronomers are reluctant to definitively place it in that category is because it is so far away that it is difficult to observe. The object is 90 astronomical units (AU) from the Sun – an astronomical unit is the distance from the Earth to the Sun, which is approximately 93 million miles. Sedna does have a highly elliptical orbit, which means that it ranges from 76 AU to 975 AU.

Read more: http://www.universetoday.com/37479/dwarf-planet-sedna/#ixzz2lCr0zekw

William Prothero
http://es.earthednet.org