visual effects and iOS SImulator

Thomas McGrath III mcgrath3 at mac.com
Mon Nov 18 10:29:45 EST 2013

Klaus, on iOS the lock screen did change and will crash or create other problems when used the ‘old’ way. It is more like before hand we lock and set for the effects size and then after we set for unlock and the actual effect itself. Doing it that way avoids all problems on iOS.

Now, for simulating the push effects of iOS (where the NAV bars do not push but the content does) I use a background group/image (which I set to the size of the card minus the Nav bar and set below the Nav bar in my resize scripts), and I then set a flag in the card if the effect is to be applied just to the rect of the background group or to the whole card depending on which type I want.

  if exists(group "Background") then
          if the cUseVisualEffect of this card then
               lock screen for visual effect in rect (the rect of group "Background")
          else
               lock screen for visual effect in rect (the rect of this card)
          end if
     else
          lock screen for visual effect in rect (the rect of this card)
     end if
     go next card
     unlock screen with visual effect "push left”

Tom

-- Tom McGrath III
http://lazyriver.on-rev.com
mcgrath3 at mac.com