Detect when a field changes

Paul Hibbert paulhibbert at mac.com
Sat Nov 16 17:47:23 EST 2013

Hi Bill,

This was added in 5.5.x and the release notes state…

5.5.x Release Notes – Revision 28 – 2013-05-29 - Page 14

"In particular, the following actions will result in a textChanged message being sent:

	• typing into the field (whether non-Unicode or Unicode text)
	• using the type command to type into a field
	• pasting text into a field (whether via built-in keyboard shortcut, or the paste command)
	• cutting text from fields (whether via built-in keyboard shortcut, or the cut command)
	• drag drop operations on fields…

…The textChanged message will be sent after messages such as keyDown and pasteKey but before messages such as keyUp."

So without doing a direct before/after comparison or adding a trigger to the script that changes a field I can't see any way of knowing, sorry.

I was sure this has been asked before, but then I saw it was you that asked over a year ago and you didn't get too many replies back then, hopefully someone may have worked on a similar situation since then and come up with a solution.

Paul