Why does this line work in IDE, fail in standalone?

tbodine lvhdgc7 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 16:16:59 EST 2013

Hi Pete.

Up to now, I thought it only
affected access to scripts in the protected stack but I see now that it
affects copying controls to another stack.  Any other operations that it
affects?  I'm also curious as to why there wasn't some sort of error
flagged on the copy/clone operation, or maybe there was but it wasn't
checked in the script.

Copy operation gives this result:
"can't cut object (stack is password protected)"

Clone operation result: none given
On closer inspection, I see it DOES make a clone, but not in the target
stack. It clones it to the source card.

I just tried Jackie's idea of temporarily turning off the password during
the copy/clone. No help. That generated the error: can't find handler.

My original workaround of a separate, unprotected stack is not going to work
, because elsewhere in the program I need to copy groups of controls between
the user file/stack and the main (protected) stack.

Any other ideas?

Tom Bodine