Need Help Getting LiveCode Server to Write to a File

Gregory Lypny gregory.lypny at videotron.ca
Wed Nov 13 15:13:25 EST 2013

Hi Devin,

Bless you. I got rid of the curly quotes. How embarrassing. I then created a folder called myFolder, with read and write permissions for everyone, in WebServer/Documents, and it works. The trouble is, the Documents folder is where the HTML pages and LiveCode scripts reside, so I think that is a security concern. Pierre Sahores recommended putting any data folders I create inside WebServer/share/httpd, so I have to figure out the file path to get them there. The folder named share is at the same level as Documents.

Thanks once again,

Gregory