Livecode Server on a Mac running OSX 10.9

Michael Doub mikedoub at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 10:43:30 EST 2013

I am trying to get the live code-community-server running on my Mac, but I am getting the following error:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /livecode-cgi/livecode-community-server/~mike/test.lc on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

The following in the content of the /etc/apache2/users/mike.conf file that I created from the installing server instructions.   I suspect they are outdated since Apple removed the web sharing, but the server was still in place.

<Directory "/Users/mike/Sites/">
     Options Indexes MultiViews
     AllowOverride None
     Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
     AddHandler livecode-script .lc
    Action livecode-script /livecode-cgi/livecode-community-server
</Directory>

<Directory "/Applications/liveCodeServer/">
     Options ExecCGI
     Order allow,deny
     Allow from all
</Directory>

ScriptAlias /livecode-cgi/livecode-community-server /Applications/liveCodeServer/livecode-community-server

I would appreciate any assistance in getting me up and running.

Thanks
  Mike