iOS Close Keyboard on Native MultiLIne Field

Nakia Brewer Nakia.Brewer at westrac.com.au
Tue Nov 12 23:31:19 EST 2013


Hi Gerry,

It's not labelled to show hide the keyboard but typically shows a "Done" button.
Happy to share a few screen shots to show you what I mean...

-----Original Message-----
From: use-livecode [mailto:use-livecode-bounces at lists.runrev.com] On Behalf Of Gerry Orkin
Sent: Wednesday, 13 November 2013 15:28
To: How to use LiveCode
Subject: Re: iOS Close Keyboard on Native MultiLIne Field

Nakia, for that you probably have to roll your own. I can't say I've noticed controls to hide keyboards in iOS apps :)

Gerry

> On 13 Nov 2013, at 7:25 am, Nakia Brewer <Nakia.Brewer at westrac.com.au> wrote:
> 
> Thanks, I was probably asking more about a control that launched above the keyboard with the "done" button on it to trigger the "focus on nothing" - Kind of like what you see in other Apps..
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: use-livecode [mailto:use-livecode-bounces at lists.runrev.com] On Behalf Of Gerry Orkin
> Sent: Tuesday, 12 November 2013 11:53
> To: How to use LiveCode
> Cc: use-livecode at lists.runrev.com
> Subject: Re: iOS Close Keyboard on Native MultiLIne Field
> 
> Use the line:
> 
> focus in nothing 
> 
> Gerry
> 
>> On 12 Nov 2013, at 11:40 am, Nakia Brewer <Nakia.Brewer at westrac.com.au> wrote:
>> 
>> Does anyone have some nice suggestions for the best way to get the iOS Keyboard to close when the user
>> Is finished editing an iOS Multiline Field?
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> COPYRIGHT / DISCLAIMER: This message and/or including attached files may contain confidential proprietary or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from using, reproducing, disclosing or distributing the information contained in this email without authorisation from WesTrac. If you have received this message in error please contact WesTrac on +61 8 9377 9444. We do not accept liability in connection with computer virus, data corruption, delay, interruption, unauthorised access or unauthorised amendment. We reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications.
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> use-livecode mailing list
>> use-livecode at lists.runrev.com
>> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
>> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
> 
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> use-livecode at lists.runrev.com
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
> 
> 
> COPYRIGHT / DISCLAIMER: This message and/or including attached files may contain confidential proprietary or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from using, reproducing, disclosing or distributing the information contained in this email without authorisation from WesTrac. If you have received this message in error please contact WesTrac on +61 8 9377 9444. We do not accept liability in connection with computer virus, data corruption, delay, interruption, unauthorised access or unauthorised amendment. We reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications.
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> use-livecode at lists.runrev.com
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode

_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
use-livecode at lists.runrev.com
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode


COPYRIGHT / DISCLAIMER: This message and/or including attached files may contain confidential proprietary or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from using, reproducing, disclosing or distributing the information contained in this email without authorisation from WesTrac. If you have received this message in error please contact WesTrac on +61 8 9377 9444. We do not accept liability in connection with computer virus, data corruption, delay, interruption, unauthorised access or unauthorised amendment. We reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications.






More information about the Use-livecode mailing list