iphoneClearTouches Issue

Ender Nafi Elekcioglu endernafi at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 17:31:14 EST 2013

Hi Terry,

Thanks for your suggestions.

I tried first two, they didn’t work.

The engine takes the touch messages, queue them and release immediately after its current blocking task, which is in my case changing cards.
Since the problem is not related with the first button the user touched, disabling - enabling it don’t help.
I tried even disabling all the buttons of next possible cards, then re-enabling it after a while with *send “enableControls” to me in 500 milliseconds”
They still get that consequent touches.

Modal activity indicator didn’t work, too, because I suspect after *iphoneActivityIndicatorStop* command, the engine again releases the queued touches.

I didn’t try the last one “sending a message and checking the pending messages”, because I don’t know how to cancel a *touch* message.
Does LiveCode put the *touch* signals into the pending messages?
I don’t think so.
If it was, there would be no need for *iphoneClearTouches* command, right?

Or am I making a logical mistake, here?

~ Ender Nafi