Array key paths

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Tue Nov 12 16:46:28 EST 2013

I'm doing some work with Trevor on Clarify 2 and I learned something I thought I'd share:

Apparently multi-dimensional array keys can be specified using a numerically indexed array as a path. Here's an example:

put "hello" into tTest[1][2]
put  1,2 into tPath
split tPath by comma
put tTest[tPath] = "hello" -- true

Apparently this was in some release notes from long ago. I can't see anywhere in the dictionary it might be. If anyone knows where it's documented in current docs then I won't send a docs bug about it. Is there a general discussion of arrays anywhere?

Cheers
--
Monte Goulding

mergExt - There's an external for that!