Why is dispatch so fast?

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Mon Nov 11 22:12:28 EST 2013

On 12/11/2013, at 2:06 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

>> Yes, it's the runtime parsing that slows these down.
>
> Here's an example where the overhead should be the same

Nope... dispatch knows it's only got a command name so it just needs to message the object with the command. Send potentially has vars so it needs to parse them out. Do could potentially be anything... I haven't looked at it but I suspect it's got to parse then execute as a separate script.

Cheers

--
M E R Goulding
Software development services