[OT] SQL question

Pierre Sahores sc at sahores-conseil.com
Mon Nov 11 06:40:24 EST 2013

Hi Malte,

No sure that you can design such kind of request as long as write-mode requests don't handle heritage under PostgreSQL. If you use PG v 9.xx, you can try :

http://docs.postgresql.fr/9.0/rules.html

else, as long as PG nor LC-server will never be the bottleneck in about speed, ram and processor's cycles (Apache is, at least, teen time slower than PG or LC-Server), you should be OK in handling a serial of two requests (select + conditional insert) handled by some lc-script code.

Best,

Pierre