Trapping for iOS errors?

Mike Kerner MikeKerner at roadrunner.com
Sat Nov 9 16:44:09 EST 2013

That is correct.  It's a PITA, and I reminded Kevin about it a couple of
weeks ago.

The easiest way to debug ios LC apps at this time is to use PUT statements
in your code.  That will put messages on the console.

You can either have a debug mode that you check for the puts, or you can
put #debug after the line so that you can find it and comment it out later
when you want to go live.

In my experience, about half of my total lines in an iOS app (these are
apps that I have been working on for a year, so the amount of debugging
grows) tend to be related to debugging on one level or another, because if
it's not one thing that I'm tracking down, it's another, so I just comment
out the debugging lines.

so, either set a global or custom property for debugging, e.g.
on preOpenStack
   global debugMode
   put true into debug mode # or false if we don't want to debug
   if debugMode then put "debug mode"
.
.
.
end preOpenStack

on mouseUp
   global debugMode
   if debugMode then put "in mouseUp for x"
end mouseUp

or, if you don't want to use a custom property or global,

on mouseUp
   put "in mouseUp for x" #debug
end mouseUp

and then you have to go through and comment out your debug lines later.