opening stack "revStandaloneSettings" in a script [was:error in test contion

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 12:35:28 EST 2013

On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 9:17 AM, Mark Wieder <mwieder at ahsoftware.net> wrote:

> ? Do you really need to modify the revStandaloneSettings stack ?
> I thought your goal was to change the settings of the target stack.
> And in that case you want to look at the cRevStandaloneSettings of the
> target stack.

When opening, I check to see if the program file name ends in livecode,
indicating that I'm in the IDE (is there a better way?).

If so, I build the revision numbers from the filename and set the values in
revStandAloneSettings, and then send those fields closeField messages to
cause the changes to actually happen.

I just got tired of repeatedly typing the same numbers when building the
standalones.

The program uses it's version, saved as a stack property of the main stack,
to see whether it needs to check the file formats in the databases (I save
the version number of the program to these databases, too, for this kind of
checking).

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462