https, MacOS and Certificates

Timothy Bleiler bleiler at buffalo.edu
Thu Nov 7 10:25:23 EST 2013

I've run into a problem using a secure server that appears to be related to MacOS keychain.

I've been getting some simple information back from an active server page using this script

Put "https://MyServer/MyActiveServerPage.aspx?uID=1001" into tURLString
Get URL tURLString

This is generating an error with certificates on some Macs but not all.
On the Macs where the problem occurs, the URL can be accessed through the web browser but NOT through Livecode. This makes me suspect that the problem is not just with the certificates but with how liveCode is using the keychain system.

There is no problem on windows.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Tim Bleiler