PDF in a player object has resolution problem on a newer Mac

David Epstein dfepstein at comcast.net
Wed Nov 6 22:20:15 EST 2013

When I set the width and height of a player object displaying a PDF
to 1.5 times its formattedWidth and formattedHeight, I get

-- exactly what I expect, a legible, scaled image, on my old PPC Mac
Mini; but

-- very poor resolution on my newer MacBook Air.  (Resolution is fine
if w and h are 100% of formattedWidth and formattedHeight, but not if
I make it bigger).

Can anybody explain this difference, or suggest a remedy?  Thank you.

David Epstein