On-Rev desktop client

Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
Tue Nov 5 20:24:42 EST 2013

The absence of an on-rev desktop client is one thing that pushed me
(hard!) toward doing all 'real' processing in the scripts of stacks that
the .lc page 'starts using'. That way I can do all my server programming
in the IDE.

Of course my approach may not be optimum if you organizing your .lc page
code like PHP.

Phil Davis

On 11/5/13, 4:01 PM, Paul Hibbert wrote:
> Sorry no debugger, they just suggested TextMate ($55 from http://macromates.com) & CyberDuck (I think, it was quite a while ago!).
>
> I ended up using TextWrangler as it's free. http://www.barebones.com/products/textwrangler The colouring scheme isn't right, but I can manage without that, still no debugger though.
>
> Can you check your code in a LC script? That's what I try to do if I get stuck, but it can be a pain as you need to break it down into sections and remove any HTML and maybe apply substitute data.
>
> In this case it looks to me like row 601 is performing a multiplication (Operators *) and the first (left operand) part of the equation is not compatible data, i.e. it's probably not a number, so I would start by looking at where that data comes from - but I could be totally wrong!
>
> Sorry I can't be more help.
>
> Paul
>

> On 2013-11-05, at 3:30 PM, Erik Schwartz <eriks at sisyph.us> wrote:
>
>> Did they suggest some 3rd party software that had a LC debugger in it?
>>
>> Right now I am getting errors kicked out with row numbers in the error
>> messages that do not exist in the file.
>>
>>   row 601, col 6: Operators *: error in left operand
>>
>> But there are 504 rows in the file
>>

>> On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 3:23 PM, Paul Hibbert <paulhibbert at mac.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Sadly no.
>>>
>>> When I asked support about this a while ago I was just pointed in the
>>> direction of 3rd party software. :-/
>>>
>>> The On-rev client was just about useable until the recent server change,
>>> now it's totally dead and for some obscure reason RR don't seem to want to
>>> do anything about it.
>>>
>>> I know I would like to see it resurrected, especially if it's updated with
>>> a secure connection, but it doesn't seem like too many others are
>>> interested.
>>>
>>> Paul

>>> butt.

>> --