Getting LC server to work on OSX

Terry Judd terry.judd at unimelb.edu.au
Mon Nov 4 19:14:05 EST 2013

I thought I'd finally dip my toe in and see how the LC server works.

So, I downloaded the server (6.1.0) and followed the instructions in the relevant lesson...

http://lessons.runrev.com/s/lessons/m/4070/l/36653-how-do-i-install-livecode-server-on-os-x-with-apache

1. I placed the LC server folder in my home folder...

/Users/tsj/LiveCodeServer-6_1_0-Mac

2. Created a livecode-cig folder in my Sites folder

/Users/tsj/Sites/livecode-cgi

3. And edited my .conf file so it looks like this...

<Directory "/Users/tsj/Sites/">
Options Indexes MultiViews
AllowOverride None
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
AddHandler livecode-script .lc
Action livecode-script /livecode-cgi/livecode-server
</Directory>

<Directory "/Users/tsj/LiveCodeServer-6_1_0-Mac">
Options ExecCGI
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>

ScriptAlias /livecode-cgi/livecode-server "/Users/tsj/LiveCodeServer-6_1_0-Mac/livecode-server"

4. I then put a test file in my Sites folder (test.lc as per the example in the lesson)...

But when I access the script (http://localhost/~tsj/test.lc) I consistently get a 403 error...

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /livecode-cgi/livecode-server/~tsj/test.lc on this server.
Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.24 (Unix) DAV/2 Server at localhost Port 80

What am I missing?

Terry...

Dr Terry Judd
Senior Lecturer in Medical Education
Medical Education Unit
Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry & Health Sciences
The University of Melbourne