Livecode on Linux

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Nov 3 14:50:35 EST 2013

On 3.11.2013 21:40, Monte Goulding wrote:
> On 04/11/2013, at 6:31 AM, Richmond <richmondmathewson at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> "Our 'production' system is Ubuntu 6.06"
>>
>> isn't that just a tad out of date?
>>
>> In my school I don't have any Ubuntu systems running released before 2007 as I find
>> that LC community doesn't behave very well on them.
> Lol... aren't you the one always installing LC on ancient Macs? I believe it's a lowest common denominator thing and using an old version like that allows the Linux version to cover more distros and releases.

Yes; you are right about my running LC on ancient Macs (although at 13
years my oldest Mac I actually use
[G3 iMac] is significantly less ancient than I am at 51]).

That does not stop the fact that I recently had to 'upgrade' most of the
Pentium 4 machines in my school
to Edubuntu 7.04 for the simple reason that with earlier recensions on
Ubuntu Livecode 6.1 was "going all funny" and not loading properly.

Richmond.