Misunderstanding developer previews versus release candidates

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Nov 3 13:46:57 EST 2013

On 3.11.2013 20:35, Mark Wieder wrote:
> Richmond-
>
> Sunday, November 3, 2013, 8:52:08 AM, you wrote:
>
>> The title really says it all.
> Looks to me like you're probably basing this on the files stored at
> downloads.YouKnowWhat.com. Rest assured that there have been dp
> releases for each of these.

Yeah, well, I (like you :/) have nothing better to do than check the
download site every the minutes through
the day  for random dp releases that are later pulled.

>   They haven't always been announced on this
> list.

Well, as you should know; I was the one who "shouted too soon" as I
caught a 'bastard' 6.5.0 dp2 "on the hop".

Whatever, I do feel that all those funnt numbers, plus the dp and rc
stuff is largely nonsense; especially
as there are people on the use-list who are finding significant steps
backward with functionality in recent
versions.

This is NOT an attempt by me to rubbish RunRev's numbering scheme, it is
an attempt to get some answers as to whether they really make sense or
are relatively random.

On the Roadmap web page there is mention of nightly builds; maybe they
exist, but, if they do, they are not accessible to those of us who have
the time and inclination to try and crash them; which, is the whole point
of Beta testing.

The word 'Community' is polysemantic; but, notwithstanding that, there
is some sort of a Livecode developer community, and at least some of
them are willing to help, but without nightly builds that isn't that easy.

Richmond.