AW: Stealing images from the galactic gauntlet zip file?

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Sat Nov 2 12:08:18 EDT 2013

On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 8:57 PM, Cyril Pruszko <cypruszko at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Fair use is a descendant of the Statute of Anne of 1709, enacted by Great
> Britain. It has since existed in common law but the US first officially
> recognized it in its copyright laws.

Uhmm . . .

The Statute of Anne is a statute, not Common Law.

It modified and displaced part of the Common Law of England, but ouldn't
possibly beocme part of it.

>From the limited amount I know about 18th century legal practice here, I
presume it would have been accepted as law in the US until there was a US
statute (The Constitution explicitly accepted the existing Common Law)

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462