Unicode to Ascii Substitution

Ender Nafi Elekcioglu endernafi at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 18:36:06 EDT 2013

Monte, you’re a life saver :)
It worked like a charm.

By the way, I won’t use *sort international*.
I’ll sort the container by the converted-to-ascii names but display the actual unicode name of the book.

Thank you very much…

Best,

~ Ender Nafi

On November 2, 2013 at 0:28:45, Monte Goulding (monte at sweattechnologies.com) wrote:

OK then:
set the useUnicode to true
replace uniDecode(numToChar(199),"UTF8") with uniDecode(numToChar(67),"UTF8") in tBookName

Just to explain. useUnicode makes numToChar return UTF16 chars (two bytes). You need to then change the encoding to UTF8.

However, the sort international command docs don't mention anything about it using UTF8. I suspect you need to convert all the data to native chars to use it.

Cheers

--
Monte Goulding

M E R Goulding - software development services
mergExt - There's an external for that!