randomly order a list

dunbarx at aol.com dunbarx at aol.com
Wed May 22 14:24:35 EDT 2013

Chris.

With only three lines, are you sure you are not just seeing possible similar consecutive sorts, since there are not that many options? Try hitting the sort button again. It should work out as advertised.

But with only three, the possibility of keeping the same order, or having one stay in place, is high. If you cannot provide more than three options, maybe it is best to invoke a string of "random" sorts:

1,2,3

3,1,2
2,3,1
3,2,1
1,3,2
2,1,3

and choose one of these at random, or maybe just run through that list, ordering your answers according to the order of the next line in the list.

Craig Newman