Best data import approach

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Sat Mar 30 17:42:20 EDT 2013

Of course. You can find it best in Richard's excellent article about the
evils of CSV format, at

http://www.fourthworld.com/embassy/articles//csv/-/must/-/die/.html

It does deal with many of the vagaries, but won't do anything about
records with different number of fields (I think that was what you
mentioned earlier in the email thread), though it will (AFAIR) deal with
embedded CRs if they are within a quoted string.

BTW - there is the opportunity for a slightly faster method which avoids
the array step - but the difference would only be significant for VERY
large data sets, so I've not had the incentive to finalize and test it
thoroughly.

-- Alex.