Setting text style of a custom property field

Paul Hibbert lc at pbh.on-rev.com
Sat Mar 30 15:32:59 EDT 2013

Charles,

Not sure I totally understand what you need, a custom property is just a container so you can't set it's text style to anything, but to store text styles alongside the text data you could store the data as an array, maybe something like;

To store the data…

   set the cPropA["label"] of btn "CheckBox1" to the label of btn "CheckBox1"
   set the cPropA["textStyle"] of btn "CheckBox1" to the textStyle of btn "CheckBox1"

To modify the text style…

   set the cPropA["textStyle"] of btn "CheckBox1" to "bold,italic"

Then just reverse to apply the data…

   set the label of btn "CheckBox1" to the cPropA["label"] of btn "CheckBox1"
   set the textStyle of btn "CheckBox1" to the cPropA["textStyle"] of btn "CheckBox1"

Just a suggestion, maybe somebody else has a better idea.

Paul