Save on Quit?

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 13:25:33 EDT 2013

On 03/30/2013 06:33 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> Richmond wrote:
>> On 03/30/2013 05:22 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>>> What do you see when you run it after adding this line immediately
>>> below the one that writes the file?:
>>>
>>>   answer "RESULT: " & the result && "SYSERR: "& sysError()
>>
>> RESULT: SYSERR: 2
>
> Which OS?
>
> On Windows I believe 2 refers to an invalid path.
>
> Does the app have appropriate permissions to write at that location?

On both Xubuntu and Mac OS 10.6, and in both cases a document is saved
at the default location
(this is from a stack).

Standalones built on their home platforms perform similarly; save a
document in the folder of the standalone but deliver the ERROR message.

HOWEVER, in all cases I have commented out the QUIT command, and wonder
if that is happening so quickly the standalone has no time to export the
back-up file????

Err . . .  thinking on my feet here . . .

Certainly, on Linux that makes not a wit of difference.

Nor, on Macintosh.

However, I did lie slightly with my example, as I have the quit command
in an image that is
made visible as a home-made ask window after the export command; and
this is most
definitely interfering with the back-up file export process.

Richmond.