[OT] Domain & Hosting Service Advice

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Mar 28 13:33:57 EDT 2013

On 3/28/13 12:53 AM, Ender Nafi Elekçioğlu wrote:
> Thanks, all of you...
>
> On-rev is a bit expensive to me and I don't need livecode server right now.
> I'll think Dreamhost for hosting & Name'com for dns is what I need.

I like JaguarPC, I've been with them for over 10 years. They offer the
same features as Dreamhost pretty much. They just implemented free
CloudFlare services to all their clients (speed and security) and there
are more services available than I can list. They have just replaced all
their servers with very fast machines, uptime is 99+%, ticket support
averages under 1 hour response time 24/7, there is unlimited bandwidth
and storage.

I think Dreamhost and JaguarPC are the two of the leading hosting
companies these days and you probably won't go wrong with either of them.

DNS doesn't have to be a separate purchase, you can use Jaguar's DNS. I
used to use a third-party DNS provider but I changed back to Jaguar's
free DNS when I saw how reliable they were.

http://www.jaguarpc.com

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com