Adding a folder to a zip archive

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Thu Mar 28 08:32:34 EDT 2013

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 7:27 PM, Peter Haworth <pete at lcsql.com> wrote:

> Right now, installation consists of putting it into their plugins folder.
>  I might be misunderstanding something  but using Trevor's code sounds like
> you need an installer process of some sort to recreate the directory
> structure on the user's machine and I don;t have such a thing right now.

 You wouldn't need a separate installer process. All of the code could be
within a stack that runs in the IDE. Within the IDE RunRev provides a
function which giver you the path to the user plugins folder. You would use
that function to get the root plugin path. You would then unzip the archive
to that folder (or a subfolder). It seems to me that this would be the
easiest for the user rather than having to find their plugins folder.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems