Xcode debugging session

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Wed Mar 27 08:40:34 EDT 2013

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 4:52 AM, Thierry Douez <th.douez at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm currently finishing an external which works allright except on one
> computer so far.
>
> During a debug session with Xcode, I sometimes get this error:
>
> 2013-03-19 15:43:25.453 LiveCode[733:c03] CFURLCreateWithString was passed
> this invalid URL string:
> '/System/Library/CoreServices/CommonCocoaPanels.bundle' (a file system path
> instead of an URL string). The URL created will not work with most file URL
> functions. CFURLCreateWithFileSystemPath or
> CFURLCreateWithFileSystemPathRelativeToBase should be used instead.

This is a shot in the dark but sandboxing may be the culprit here. My guess
is that the engine is trying to get a hold
of /System/Library/CoreServices/CommonCocoaPanels.bundle incorrectly.
LiveCode has to use Cocoa dialogs for file/folder dialogs in order to work
with sandboxing. Peace and harmony do not always exist between LiveCode
apps that are sandboxed and the file/folder dialogs.

Are you showing any file/folder dialogs in the application? If so, can you
determine if the error occurs if you don't show any file/folder dialogs?

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems