iOS scroller performance

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Mon Mar 25 00:36:25 EDT 2013

On 25/03/2013, at 2:42 PM, Scott Rossi wrote:

> If you have nested groups, the layerMode needs to be set to scrolling for
> the topmost (outermost) group, and the group that actually scrolls cannot
> be nested inside another group.  With this set up, you should get good
> performance.

Wait... so you can only set the scroll of a group that is directly on the card then? That makes it quite difficult to use...

Where did you learn that the scrolling group can't be inside another group? I've just confirmed it using the effective layermode but I can't see it documented...

I think this means for scrolling fields in a custom control you need to set their height to the formatted height and then just scroll the group. I think I can workaround this for datagrids in mergDataGridScroller too...

Cheers

--
M E R Goulding
Software development services