Nested array comparisons

dunbarx at aol.com dunbarx at aol.com
Sat Mar 23 16:36:53 EDT 2013

Hi.

I thought if you refer to an array the way you did, you would always get "empty" for each, and that would always be a false positive.  I always thought, at the array variable level, evaluation comes to nothing at all.

So I would have thought you would have to combine the arrays first, and then compare them, after they are no longer array variables, but rather ordinary ones. I assume that it makes no difference what you use as the delimiters, since you will not be working with the array data, just comparing them.

Craig Newman