Retina and 4" for all iOS app

Mike Kerner MikeKerner at roadrunner.com
Fri Mar 22 09:42:14 EDT 2013

You can try using MobGui, if John is going to keep up with it, now - you
can put multiple layouts and resolutions on the same stack.  Using this
technique, you could, in theory put every single layout in one stack.
You can use substacks, and behavior scripts
You can use tmControls and it will auto-scale between regular and retina
(although for the 4" iphone/ipod touch you will have an extra 1/2" gap at
the bottom unless you take it upon yourself to manually move objects,
because I don't think Scott ever got it to use the geometry manager the way
it should be used).
Or, you could just make retina apps and say to everyone in pre-retina,
"Sorry".

There are threads on this topic on this list.  See "supporting multiple
mobile device resolutions"

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 9:24 AM, Mike Kerner <MikeKerner at roadrunner.com>wrote:

> Whoops - just read it again.  Never mind.
>

> On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 9:24 AM, Mike Kerner <MikeKerner at roadrunner.com>wrote:
>
>> I wonder what that means for apps that are developed specifically for the
>> ipad.
>>

>> On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 8:19 AM, Ludovic Thébault <
>> ludovic.thebault at laposte.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> https://developer.apple.com/news/index.php?id=3212013b
>>>
>>> So what the best method to do this in livecode ?
>>> One mainstack with all scripts and substacks ?
>>> Many mainstacks ?
>>>
>>> Tell us about your recipe !
>>>
>>> Thanks.

>> --
>> On the first day, God created the heavens and the Earth
>> On the second day, God created the oceans.
>> On the third day, God put the animals on hold for a few hours,
>>    and did a little diving.
>> And God said, "This is good."
>>

> --
>    and did a little diving.