Sending mouseUp

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Wed Mar 20 14:21:47 EDT 2013

Peter Haworth <pete at ...> writes:

> I guess I'm just very suspicious of anything other than really
> straightforward commands in preOpenCard now.

Well, here's the thing. It's *pre*OpenCard because the card and its controls
haven't been instantiated yet. So sending a message to a control that doesn't
officially exist shouldn't work. The script is there in memory, so you can call
handlers in it, but it's not yet associated with an on-screen object. The pre
handlers exist so that you can set things up before the objects take form.

--
 Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net