Pulling Unicode Data from a DataGrid

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Tue Mar 19 15:38:16 EDT 2013

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 3:08 PM, James Little <littlejamesw at mac.com> wrote:

> Trevor: Your suggestion worked! I'm very happy. "put uniencode(tVar,
> "utf8") into theUTF16Text" was the key.

Good. Unicode is so much fun :-)

One other thing to be aware of - when using uniencode and unidecode the
byte order in the UTF16 text is dependent on the processor your application
is running on. See the docs for uniencode. What this means is that if you
have UTF-16 text from some other source then you have to make sure that it
uses the same byte order when you do comparisons. I find it easier to do
comparisons on UTF-8 text when working with 3rd party data.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems