Hi-Res imaging in LiveCode

FlexibleLearning.com admin at FlexibleLearning.com
Tue Mar 19 13:38:24 EDT 2013

I have found that printing an image at high resolution is not
straightforward in LiveCode. 'Squishing' a large version down to say 50%
dimensions ought to increase the pixel density, but although the kb size is
large the pixel denisty stays at 72dpi. Something to do with how the engine
renders images, I believe.

However...

If I do not import (copy and paste) and resize but 'set the fileName' and
resize instead, the printed output does indeed seem to improve by the
magnitude of squished-ness.

If you already know, please move on, but I am quite chuffed to have
discovered this for a current large-poster display project that is being
ouput from LC to pdf.

Hugh Senior
FLCo