using the internal postgres on OSX

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 01:01:05 EDT 2013

On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 7:47 PM, Kay C Lan <lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com> wrote:

> As you appear to have moved to Lion and then Mountain Lion, as per my last
> post, and thanks to Andre:
>
> http://postgresapp.com/
>
> Download it, install it, and it can't get any easier to manually turn the
> OS X postgre server On and Off. It also includes the option to have postgre
> server automatically start when your machine starts up.

Thanks.

I think I have it licked from the command line, though, which will be
easier to bundle into my own installer.

A couple of calls to serveradmin, a line to listen on sockets in one file,
and a file to give db permissison in another (both of which seem to have
dupliicates, so four files).

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462