A proliferation of engines . . . ?

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Tue Mar 5 15:29:45 EST 2013

Richard Gaskin <ambassador at ...> writes:

> Likewise, while I wouldn't expect RunRev to return to PPC themselves,
> there would be nothing stopping any interest person from making a PPC
> compile of the latest LC once the source is available.

Well, almost nothing. Support for OSX 10.4 and earlier was dropped a while back
because trying to maintain compatibility in the code is a nightmare. I can't
even compile anything for pre-Leopard systems anymore in XCode because of
conflicting sdk problems. There are also features in the newer engines that
won't work with older OSX versions, and those would have to be disabled. Anyone
who would take this project on would only do it as a labor of love for a
diminishing installed base and a code maintenance headache.

--
 Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net