passing binary data to MySQL BLOB field

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Tue Mar 5 08:01:12 EST 2013

Not sure why it won't work for you, but it seems that your first try had some typo or otherwise wrong code. Your copy/paste has code missing so it's hard to say what the problem is. The second error looks like you forgot some closing brackets or quotation marks, again it's hard to tell due to lack of full code.  One thing to note is that all variables used for substitution have to exist, unlike all other places in LC, where missing variables are assumed to be empty. Here's an example that probably should work, but is untested:

--assuming revopendatabase works as expected
put "blah" into fileNameVar
put "pretend this is binary" into binaryObjectVar
revexecuteSQL MyDatabaseID, "INSERT INTO Assets ('FileName', 'File') VALUES(:1,:2)", "fileNameVar", "*bbinaryObjectVar"