Speech and commas

Thomas McGrath III mcgrath3 at mac.com
Mon Mar 4 15:48:22 EST 2013

I am having a problem with Speech 'again'.

The following script will only speak the text in tTTS up until the first comma and then it stops. It does not finish tTTS or get to the tNum or the last word "Tasks!"    But I have no idea why it would do this????

on mouseUp
     put "THE TOP ROW. ESCAPE and Function keys F1, F2, F3, F4, F5." into tTTS
     put "6" into tNum
     send "TASpeak" && "Expanding" && tTTS && tNum && "Tasks!" to me in 1 millisecond

end mouseUp

on TASpeak pTextToSpeak
     --revStopSpeech
     wait until revIsSpeaking() is false --with messages
     revSpeak pTextToSpeak
end TASpeak

Any ideas???

Thanks