Weighted Random Number

dunbarx at aol.com dunbarx at aol.com
Sun Mar 3 23:47:36 EST 2013

Hi.

Just fiddling around, I tried this in a button, with a field named "outputField". The "100" is arbitrary. This might weight too heavily towards the middle.

on mouseup
      put 100 into maxval
   repeat maxVal

      put weightTheMiddle(random(maxval),maxval/2) & return after accum
   end repeat
   sort accum numeric
   put accum into fld "outPutField"
end mouseup