Keys of a custom property array

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sun Mar 3 14:02:11 EST 2013

Jacque-

Sunday, March 3, 2013, 10:24:35 AM, you wrote:

> On 3/3/13 12:37 AM, Peter Haworth wrote:
>> Hi Jacque,
>> I just tried:
>>
>> get the keys of (the uArray of button "xyz")
>>
>> ... and got the keys of uArray.

> Cool. Thanks. I'd been through all the permutations that Craig posted,
> and I also had tried parentheses, but those were included in a nested
> function. I should have parenthesized the array reference separately.
> Forced evaluation comes through again.

Is your goal to save the time/resources of putting the array into a
variable and then extracting the keys, or is it to save a couple of
extra lines of code? Are you sure that the engine doesn't make a copy
of the array under the hood and then extract the keys using either the
customKeys or parenthesis methods?

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net