Fwd: [FYI] Using Graphic Commands on Server

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Sun Jun 30 16:05:34 EDT 2013

I am sad to report that it does not seem possible to use templates to do
group snapshots yet.

This would require the ability to manipulate graphic objects rather than
their templates.

here is my code for scaling (there may some pointless garbage in the code):

<?rev
/*
TEST OF ABILITY TO IMPORT,
SCALE AND EXPORT IMAGE ON LIVECODE SERVER

uses URL for input:

test.iRev?imagename=DSC00004.JPG&percent=50

SQB 20130630
*/

--  get parameters from URL
put $_GET[imagename] into pFilename
put $_GET[percent] into pScalePercent

-- confirm input
put pFilename & "<br>" & pScalePercent

-- converts and saves image
convertImage pFilename,pScalePercent

/*

importing and scaling images on server

*/

on convertImage pSourceName,pScalePercent
   importTImage pSourceName
   if the result is not empty
   then
    -- report if the file is not there
      put the result
      exit to top
   end if
   scaleTImage pSourceName,pScalePercent
   exportTImage
end convertImage

on importTImage pFileName
   if there is a file pFileName
   then
      set the filename of the templateImage to ""
      wait .1 second with messages
      set the filename of the templateImage to pFileName
      put the rect of the templateImage into tRect
      set the cOriginalRect of the templateImage to tRect
      set the cOriginalWidth of the templateImage to the width of the
templateImage
      set the cOriginalHeight of the templateImage to the height of the
templateImage
      set the topLeft of the templateImage to "38,132"
   else
      return "file not found"
   end if
end importTImage

on scaleTImage pIname,pScalePCT
   put the cOriginalWidth of the templateImage into a
   put the cOriginalHeight of the templateImage into b
   put round((a*pScalePCT)/100) into a
   put round((b*pScalePCT)/100) into b
   set the width of the templateImage to a
   set the height of the templateImage to b
   set the topLeft of the templateImage to "38,132"
end scaleTImage

on exportTImage
   put randomname("image_",".png") into x
   export the templateImage to file x as PNG
end exportTImage

function randomName preamble,postamble
   --  put randomname("image_",".png")
   put randombytes(2) into a