LiveCode ios app marketing

Mark Talluto userev at canelasoftware.com
Fri Jun 28 11:23:37 EDT 2013

I reviewed your competitor.  He got slammed for poor image quality and limited information.  Your app received high reviews form those that can use it.  You were hurt by not having iOS 5/6 support.  That can be fixed by updating the app to support those versions of iOS and hardware.  Sounds like you might have something here.  Below are some ideas that might or might not be useful.

I would look at how you are currently marketing your CD. If your CD sales are strong, you might consider marketing your iOS app to the same customers using the same marketing channels.

You might look at having conversations with vendors of the wood and see if they would be interested in sponsoring or buying advertising space in your app.  You could have a buy now button to direct customers to those vendors.

It is worth having a conversation with final product companies as well.  I am thinking hardwood floor vendors/manufacturers, table and chair vendors/manufacturers and other strong wood products.  Connecting with the 3rd party market could be bigger than the sale of the app.  Then you could give the app away for free and increase your readership.

You might also run specials within the app for these vendors.  Maybe a little "Did you know tidbit" to keep your current users coming back to see what is new.

Maybe Home Depot, Lowes, and other stores might be interested in a branding opportunity here.  If the app is free, the conversation should be pretty smooth.  Might lead you to other opportunities with those companies to do plumbing, electrical, and appliance apps as well.  These would be more than shopping apps.  They would be helper apps that normal people like myself that need to get DIY projects done.  There are a lot of ways you could pitch this to these companies so that they do not have to buy in financially.

Just some first thoughts on the subject.

Best regards,

Mark Talluto
canelasoftware.com