Windows 8.1 Preview

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 06:07:46 EDT 2013

On 06/28/2013 02:40 AM, Mark Wieder wrote:
> For anyone who wants to live out on the edge, the firstdeveloper preview of
> Windows 8.1 is available for download. I wasn't able to install it into a
> VirtualBox VM from the ISO file. I didn't try all that hard and I'm not
> sufficiently motivated to try again. But YMMV.
>
> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/preview-download
>
> NOTE: heed the warnings if you decide to install from a DVD over an existing
> operating system, especially that part that says "After you install Windows
> 8.1 Preview, you won’t be able to use the recovery partition on your PC to

What a tedious process: setting up a Microsoft e-mail account, phoning home,
checking other, security e-mail for security code . . . .

Notwithstanding that, I am the "proud" possessor (note have avoided the
word "owner"
having read "the crud") of Windows 8.1 Beta on VMware Player 5.0.2 on Linux.

Richmond.