BETA RELEASE: LiveCode 6.1.0 Release Candidate 2

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Jun 28 00:06:50 EDT 2013

stephen barncard wrote:

> Has the graphic section of the Livecode server been shut down because it
> didn't make sense?
> Or because there was a  technical reason why this couldn't be enabled to at
> least allow the use of the templates for processing?

I believe the main reason was that the routines LC uses in the Linux
engine for rendering graphics depend on system components not normally
installed on servers.

That said, I believe I'd read somewhere recently that some of the
factoring coming down the road may enable graphics processing in the
Server engine.

Anyone have any specifics on that?

--
  Richard Gaskin