New properties Property

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Thu Jun 27 16:29:08 EDT 2013

On 28/06/2013, at 1:26 AM, Thomas McGrath III <mcgrath3 at mac.com> wrote:

> I know there was some talk earlier on 'how' the new properties Property was being changed and that there was a conversation going on somewhere else but I wanted to know if anyone has actually tried to store and later recreate livecode objects based solely on this new implementation? I had a couple of projects that I put on hold due to the old implementation not working correctly.

I've updated lcVCS to rely solely on the properties property rather than all the workarounds it previously needed to do and all seems to be well... It's why I fixed the properties property after all... If you do happen to find a quirk please report it and perhaps shoot me an email with the report number so I can look into it. There were two major issues. The first was that the returned array didn't cover all the properties of the target. The second was when applying the properties that precedence wasn't being handled... setting rect before gradient etc... I think I've dealt with both but we will need to keep an eye on it as properties are added to different objects.

Cheers

--
Monte Goulding

mergExt - There's an external for that!