BETA RELEASE: LiveCode 6.1.0 Release Candidate 2
ben at runrev.com
Thu Jun 27 11:15:18 EDT 2013
LiveCode 6.1.0-rc-2 is now available.
This release contains the following changes:
- Images with filenames that look like URLs can cause slowdown.
- ASCII string check
- UUID Generation
- Improved properties Property
- Additional statistical functions
- Activation removed in Community edition
- The cardIds of group
- The childControlNames and childControlIds of group
- the effective visible
- Chained Behaviors
- iOS Remote Control Support
- Locking Group Updates
- Random Number Generation
- Getting the Page Ranges of a Field
- 16 bug fixes: 10991 - If a memory warning is received whilst
acceleratedRendering mode is enabled, a crash can occur on iOS.
- 10990 - Memory leak when using acceleratedRendering on iOS in
- 10986 - 'select before/after field ...' selects the field object,
rather than the text in the field.
- 10982 - RevDB doesn't work with LiveCode server on Mac
- 10914 - PIE binaries are now built for ARMv7+ meaning the 'Non-PIE
Binary' warning from iTunes Connect should no longer occur.
- 10976 - Ungrouping objects can result in their id's changing.
- 10975 - Image objects don't properly resolve filenames to be
absolute before searching the cache.
- 10974 - Instability in acceleratedRendering caused in specific
circumstances when a static layer moves just above a dynamic layer.
- 10967 - Import snapshot on 16-bit displays on Windows causes a
blank image to be produced.
- 10966 - Fetching properties of function expressions now works
correctly (e.g. the name of controlAtLoc(the mouseLoc)).
- 10961 - Passing script locals as parameters to external functions
doesn't work correctly in behaviors.
- 10960 - Getting 'the lockUpdates of ' now works correctly.
- 10950 - 'is a color' now checks the input string more carefully, in
particular it doesn't allow trailing characters, or more than 3 items.
- 10945 - mobileControls() returns deleted controls in the list
- 10926 - 'filter' does not honour the lineDelimiter property.
- 10863 - Group command doesn't throw an error when attempting to
group a shared group.
You can get access to this release in 1 of 2 ways:
1) From within the IDE go to the help menu and click "check for updates"
2) Visit http://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/6_1_0/ and download the RC2
installer for your platform.
The LiveCode team
More information about the Use-livecode