Communicate with server using PUT

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Thu Jun 27 10:46:59 EDT 2013

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 10:00 AM, Dar Scott <dsc at swcp.com> wrote:

> I have had trouble with PUT.
>
> I worked with the ISP to make sure it was enabled.  I set up the right
> access file permissions.  I made sure to put the name and password in the
> URL.  And failure.
>
> So, either there was some overriding setting at the ISP that blocked
> things or either me or liburl is broken.

Dar,

I've used libURL for years to send PUT calls to my servers so I don't think
it is libURL. It is the call used whenever you are updating a resource on
the server. I recall that a few years ago I had to mimic PUT by doing a
POST with a parameter specifying that the server should process as a PUT.
This was a ruby on rails issue IIRC, however.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems