[on-rev] LC code output bumping against a server size limit?

Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
Wed Jun 26 16:35:44 EDT 2013

Hi Jim,

Yes, interesting to me too. I had never run into this before.

I wrote support and Heather responded:
> Dear Phil,
>
> Thank you for your request. Yes, this could be a server limit. If you go here:
>
> http://www.watters.ws/mediawiki/index.php/Use_custom_php.ini_file_with_suPHP
>
> You will find some instructions which should enable you to set this for yourself.
> Please let me know if you have any difficulty or if this turns out not to be the
> issue.
>
> Regards,
>
> Heather

So I'll take a look at this link and see what I can do with server
settings. I know you can alter the default PHP settings by putting a
custom php.ini file (containing only the settings you want to change) in
the directory that holds your php page, and it looks like the above link
tells how to do something similar on an on-rev server.

Best -
Phil

On 6/26/13 12:13 PM, Jim Lambert wrote:
> Phil wrote:
>
>> ... by putting the functions together in a single compound
>> statement, variables were eliminated which decreased resource demand,
>> and the server's memory limit became a non-issue (at least for now).
>>
>> That's what I learned.
> Phil,
>
> Very interesting. Makes sense. And good to remember even for non-server-based projects.
>
> Thanks,
> Jim Lambert

Phil Davis