[OT] What's happening here in Turkey...

Ender Nafi Elekçioğlu endernafi at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 06:39:09 EDT 2013

@paolo
I'm fine so far; thank you very, very much...

@richmond
I'm following Bulgaria and Brazil.
There's a big difference, though:
Both Plevneliev and Rousseff thanked to the protestors,
acknowledged that *protesting is a democratic right*
and accepted the demands of the people {well, mostly}.
Erdogan still did not any of them.

@pierre
First of all, I don't think that there will be a huge change when / if Erdogan would be overthrown.
Erdogan, Obama, Clinton, etc. are just pawns.
It's not governments who drive nations of human kind.
I'm not trying to discuss if illuminati exists or
talk about rothschild's or any other conspiracy theories :)
But it's a fact that there's a bigger game.

Erdogan did good things for Turkey, many successes.
Also, he gave serious harms, too.
It's never black or white, we know.

We don't want him to resign,
just be a little more understanding, modest, humble, respectful to the rights of us.

After all,
the whole violence, brutality of police, agitating and provocating statements of Erdogan may be intentional.
Maybe, he has another political end-game in his mind.
Maybe, he is giving some messages to some power elites.
Or some other collateral purposes exist.
We don't know for sure.

As an obvious move,
he ordered to plant 100 trees and thousands of beautiful flowers to Gezi Park.
He wants to give "protestors destroyed, government fixed, government is the real environmentalist" message to the world.

All in all, politics is a complicated game.

@simon
I'm fine so far, Simon, thank you very much.

A word-to-word translation ->  jenixbibergazi'com = jenixpeppergas'com

About that tumblr site;
The top pictures are from today and last night from several cities of Turkey.
That site seems to be pretty up-to-date.

You may have noticed that some guys & girls standing still; starting with the blonde girl's pictures and below.
That was our last method to protest.
We don't march anymore.
Just standing still.
*standing* and *stopping* are homonyms in Turkish.
So, there is an irony there.
police officer: sir, there are some guys stopping (*) here, over! {read as *standing*}
police chief: stop them, over!
police officer: they're already stopping (*), over! { again, read as *standing*}
police chief: wtf?!

But, police water-cannoned and then arrested them, too :)))
We were not doing anything.
Just, standing silently.
It's like a joke, right, arresting people who just stand?

We continue to stand, though, at different places, thousands of us.
Whenever police see someone stands still more than a couple of minutes, they water-cannon.

And of course, we build forums in many parks in many cities.
We gather and discuss what we can do, it's like agoras of ancient greeks.
There is music, dance and chat, too, of course :)
They emptied Gezi Park and protect with heavy police force
but we created hundreds of Gezi, now ;-)

It's like a prolonged chess game.
We'll wait and see.
It's their move, now :)

Be well, my dear friends…